ATC China Top 30 Asset Managers (2022)
Data as of 31 Dec 2022
|1||China Life Asset Management Company Limited||613.36||IAM||16||Harvest Fund Management Co., Ltd.||190.08||FMC|
|2||Ping An Asset Management||575.10||IAM||17||Pacific Asset Management Co., Ltd. (Note 1)||190.00||IAM|
|3||CMB Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||386.11||BWMC||18||CCB Principal Asset Management Co., Ltd.||188.89||FMC|
|4||E Fund Management Co., Ltd||375.75||FMC||19||CIB Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||187.70||BWMC|
|5||Taikang Asset Management Co., Ltd.||375.00||IAM||20||China Merchants Fund Management Co., Ltd.||187.50||FMC|
|6||CCB Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||303.93||BWMC||21||Fullgoal Fund Management Co., Ltd.||180.56||FMC|
|7||ICBC Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||280.81||BWMC||22||China Universal Asset Management Co., Ltd.||170.83||FMC|
|8||ABC Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||253.22||BWMC||23||BOCOM Wealth Management Co., Ltd||170.09||BWMC|
|9||China Asset Management Company||239.99||FMC||24||Changjiang Pension Insurance Co., Ltd.||164.88||PMC|
|10||ICBC Credit Suisse Asset Management Co., Ltd||239.26||FMC||25||Tianhong Asset Management Co., Ltd.||156.59||FMC|
|11||BOC Wealth Management Co., Ltd.||237.50||BWMC||26||Penghua Fund Management Co. Ltd.||142.88||FMC|
|12||Bosera Asset Management Co., Limited||231.76||FMC||27||PICC Asset Management Co., Ltd.||139.00||IAM|
|13||CITIC Securities Co., Ltd.||225.80||SC||28||Everbright Wealth Management Co., Ltd||138.40||BWMC|
|14||China Southern Asset Management Co., Ltd.||224.58||FMC||29||Yinhua Fund Management Co., Ltd. (Note 2)||127.78||FMC|
|15||GF Fund Management Co., Ltd.||214.31||FMC||30||Taiping Asset Management Co., Ltd. (Note 3)||119.44||IAM|
IAM = Insurance Asset Manager; BWMC = Bank Wealth Management Company; FMC = Fund Management Company; SC = Securities Company; PMC = Pension Management Company;
Note 1,2&3: data as of 30 June 2021.
- In 2022, ATC Initiative has cooperated with IPE again in conducting survey and data collation on China's top 30 asset management companies and including them IPE's global asset managers 500 list. In the 2022 IPE 500 list, China's top 30 managers are placed between 38th and 182nd.
- In RMB local currency terms, by the end of 2021, the overall AUMs of China's 30 largest asset management institutions has increased by 20% compared with the previous year, which is in line with the 19.7% annual AUM increase of IPE Global 500. In Euro terms, considering the 10.3% appreciation of the RMB at year-end 2021 compared to a year ago, the AUMS of China's top 30 asset managers has increased by 33.6%.
- The nascent bank wealth management companies (BWMC) has experienced explosive growth in 2021. A total of 8 bank wealth management companies entered the top 30, an increase of 2 compared with last year, namely Bank of Communications Wealth Management and Everbright Wealth Management. For the 6 bank wealth management companies that have entered the list in both years, we see an AUM increase by 61% from during 2021 (in Euro terms). Among them, CCB Wealth Management’s ranking has changed the most, from 29th to 6th (in IPE500 from 203rd to 86th).
- A total of 14 fund management companies have entered the top 30 list in 2022. The number of institutions and individual institutions included in the list are the same as last year, with ranking slightly adjusted. GF Fund, ICBC Credit Suisse and China Southern Asset Management have improved their rankings in the category. Total AUMs of these 14 companies has increased by 28% in 2021 (in Euro terms).
- Insurance asset management institutions have also maintained a rapid growth momentum. For the six insurance asset companies that have entered the list in both years, the total AUMs has increased by 13% in 2021. Among the top 5 asset management companies, insurance asset managers occupy 3 seats.