Methodology and notes:
• The top 30 Chinese asset managers ranking is based on the assets under management (AUMs) of the asset management firm as of 31 December 2020, unless otherwise stated.
• We have included in the analysis all the asset manager categories regulated by China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) and China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC), as well as the private fund managers registered with Asset Management Association of China (AMAC).
• The following assets managed by the asset managers and their subsidiaries are included in the calculation of AUMs:
- Private equity and private debt;
- Real estate and infrastructure;
- Multi-assets and multi-manager products.
• AUM data used are from asset manager questionnaire returns, annual reports and official website announcements.
IAM=Insurance Asset Manager; BWMC=Bank Wealth Management Company; FMC=Fund Management Company; SC=Securities Company; PMC=Pension Management Company;
1As of 30 June 2020; 2As of 30 June 2020; 3As of 31 December 2019.